On the back of constant extension of DPC application, appearance of additional functions and stricter measures on cost saving the issue of investment optimization can play decisive role in network infrastructure design.
To implement requirements on reduction of costs it is necessary to use solutions to construct unified fabric which allow consolidation of input-output and use unified network infrastructure to transfer all DPC traffic.
Open Technologies offers solutions on construction of unified fabric.
These solutions ensure:
- cost saving and reduction of DPC IT infrastructure cost of ownership due to:
- smaller number of network adapters aimed to connect to various type networks - unified adapter is used instead of several adapters;
- smaller number of necessary cable connections, patch-panels, organizers, trays and other SCS elements;
- smaller number of used ports at switches;
- reduced energy consumption and equipment heat emission;
- increased high-speed connection use factor, and
- increased use factor of DPC network infrastructure elements;
- protection of investments into existing equipment due to possibility of joint use of equipment installed for Ethernet/Fibre channel networks and input-output consolidation equipment.
Unified fabric technologies are aimed for medium-size and large DPCs which:
- have large number of high performance servers requiring wide bandwidth;
- actively use virtualization technologies;
- have problems of SCS scaling;
- use existing high-speed connections ineffectively;
- have problems with increased heat emission, power supply and conditioning.
To implement requirements on reduction of costs it is necessary to use solutions to construct unified fabric which allow consolidation of input-output and use unified network infrastructure to transfer all types of traffic.
The unified fabric consists of the following components:
- Convergent switches supporting FCoE/DCE technology
Innovative switch architecture supporting FCoE/DCE technology facilitates SPC transformation and transfer to technologies of standard, high performance unified fabric. The platform unifies LAN, SAN and intercluster interaction network into unified fabric.
- Convergent network adapters
Intellectual multi-protocol network adapters are used to connect servers to convergent switches and ensure transfer of traffics of local networks and storage network using FibreChannel over Ethernet (FCoE) technology and Ethernet function extension technologies.